V Shaped Cracks In Wall

by | Nov 21, 2015

V shaped crack in wallHave you ever seen this example on the walls in your house? If you answered yes, then I would advise you to call a structural engineer.

Cracks in walls may be a typical thing an a lot of homes, but when they are in a V shape (wider on one end than the other), this could be a signal that you have some foundation settling issues. When the foundation of your home settles in one direction, this causes the weight of the house to shift toward that settling, or sinking, area. There are numerous reasons that this could happen, but one of the signifiers is V shaped cracks in your drywall. FOUNDATION SETTLEMENT CAN BE REPAIRED.

NOTE: I am not a structural engineer, I am a generalist that makes observations and recommendations.